If a file has deleted records, they absolutely get saved to tape.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             "phil Kestenbaum"
             <pkestenbaum@g-ii
             i.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             11/15/2005 08:39                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: determine how full a tape is

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

In line w/ this, I was wondering if there is a PF that has deleted records
on it, do they get saved to tape as well, whatever space they occupy on
Disk, does this get transferred to tape in full?