I think its sad that iSeries professionals can't even recommend solutions that
are developed for the platform. Domino is an excellent product and is well
suited for the purpose described. If folks want products on the platform to
survive they need to use them and recommend them, not to be so quick to get
folks off the platform
David Gibbs wrote:

Personally I would recommend against it.

I've never really liked email on the iSeries ... and I truly do not like
Domino (in general).

I would suggest you take a bare bones machine and install your favorite
Linux distro on it and set that up as your mail server.

There are a number of very powerful smtp, pop3, imap, and webmail
servers available.

david