Hi,

I am given with the following information:
- Field length, Binary(4)
- Field CCSID, Binary(5)
- Field Data, char(100)

The above field data is encoded using CCSID given by Field CCSID. How do I get
corresponding data in normal English form? Any pointers to APIs would be
greatly appreciated.

Similarly, I am given with another set of information:
- Field length, Binary(4)
- Field CCSID, Binary(5)
- Field Country or Region ID, char(2)
- Field Language ID, char(3)
- Field Data, char(100)

In the above information, Region ID and Language ID are also given, how are
these to be used to convert the Field data into a usable form? What would
happen if I just use the CCSID, length, data portion and the API for the first
scenario ignoring the Region ID and Language ID?

Please help.

Regards,
P.Prasad