Hello all,

As many of you, we are going trough the process to get certified for Sarbane
oxley.

Our setup is ok for "green screen" program. We use adopted autority so that, by
themselve, the user do not have access to any files but the programs do. This
way, our data can only be modified from our written and approved programs (no
DFU or client access upload or dynamic SQL ...).

But I wonder how to properly secure access for VB, Java, c# or any
client/server programs that do not run on the Iseries. Since those program do
not run on the Iseries, we can not use adopted autority. So we must grant more
right to the user profil. But i we do so, we can not stop a user from using any
program on his PC to access the data on the Iseries.

I checked and the ODBC exit program can not know the name of the program that
uses the connection, thus I can not validate the program that way.

On the information center, they proposed the use of stored procedure with
adopted autority. But what is stoping a user from calling those stored
procedure from a home made program?

We are looking at the use of swapp profile to increase security, but this is
complex and not bullet proof.

I am looking to hear from other as to how they handle that need of
securing/controling access to Iseries data in client/server mode.

Thanks in advance.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services technique TI
819 363 6130

SUPPORT
Jour (EST) Daytime : 819-363-6134
En-dehors des heures (EST) After hour : 819-363-6158
Network Status : 819-363-6157