I have a complicated SQL issue that I'm working on that I hoe somebody
can shed some light on.   We are currently working with IBM and I am not
happy with their level of expertise.

Sorry for the long post.....

Program A *SQLRPGLE executes the following SQL to call PROCEDUREB

0205.00 C/EXEC SQL

0205.03 C+ CALL PROCEDUREB (:wWhs)

0205.12 C/END-EXEC

ProcedureB was created using:

CREATE PROCEDURE LIB/PROCEDUREB (

            IN WAREHOUSE DECIMAL(3, 0) )

            LANGUAGE SQL

            SPECIFIC LIB/PROCBP

            NOT DETERMINISTIC

            MODIFIES SQL DATA

            CALLED ON NULL INPUT

            SET OPTION DYNUSRPRF = *OWNER

BEGIN

ProcedureB uses SQL UDF FUNCTIONC

Select

            FunctionC(VARCHAR(IMS#,8), Double(IMWH#),VarChar(''W'',1))

FUNCTIONC was created using:

CREATE FUNCTION LIB/FUNCTIONC (

            PRD# VARCHAR(8) ,

            WHS# DOUBLE PRECISION ,

            CODE VARCHAR(1) )

            RETURNS DECIMAL(15, 5)

            LANGUAGE SQL

            SPECIFIC FNC00005

            NOT DETERMINISTIC

            CONTAINS SQL

            CALLED ON NULL INPUT

            DISALLOW PARALLEL

            NOT FENCED

            BEGIN

FUNCTIONC calls RPGLE program D.    I've set this up both as an external
call and as a direct call from the SQL with the same result.

To summarize:

            SQLRPGLE A

                        SQL PROCEDUREB

                                    SQL FUNCTIONC

                                                RPGLE D

Now the problem:

            When RPGLE D is executed, I've lost my adopted authority and
the user is not authorized to the files used in the RPGLE program.

I've tried creating the function as both fenced and not fenced.

I've set the authority correctly on all the CLE programs created via the
procedure and function creation.

This process works great for me because I am authorized to the files.
For the typical user who relies on adopted authority it blows on that
last RPGLE program.

I hope all that made sense ....Help?

Dave S.