Is it possible to put a standard disclaimer on all reports that are
print on an iSeries at V5R3?  We want all query output, RPG report
output, or any other type of report generated to have a standard
disclaimer.

One thought that jumps to mind is to define each printer with a User Defined Transform program. (The USRDTATFM parameter of the CRTDEVPRT or CHGDEVPRT commands.)

The program would work something like this:

a) It'd have to use APIs to interrogate the device settings. If the device is designed to use Host Print Transform, it'd have to call the Host Print Transform API to transform it.

b) You'll also need to do some interrogation to figure out the printer language that's in use. (Whether the printer used HPT or not.)

c) Then you could insert whatever text you need (in the appropriate printer language) into the document as it's being written out.

Yes, this is a really complicated way of doing it. But, it's the easiest way that I can think of to do it. All of the other solutions I can think of would allow each program to override the settings.

I suppose you could pre-print the legal notice on the paper, too :)