Rich,

Everybody's pretty much told you this isn't going to work due to the use
of a expression on the columns in the where clause.

I can think of two possibilities....

1) Perhaps a DDS logical keyed on a new date field that concats the
current fields.  I'm not sure if this would really help.

2) Build upon the idea that you can get it too work by specifying all
dates in the where clause.  Perhaps a Table UDF that outputs the dates
in the selected range.  The you can join the table UDF to the original
data.  Figuring out the best way to code the table UDF will be fun. :-)

Also, note that if you limit the select date range to a given month,
then you only need where year = 2005 and month = 10, you don't need to
specify all the days.  Can you have any such limitations or do you need
to allow any begin date to any end date?

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343