Hi Scott

I did a test of the same process on a 170, and I'm pretty sure it was even the same cume level (C4244520) and
that worked fine doing the upgrade, so I'd guess it's not that.

I didn't figure out at the time how to cause the V5R3 upgrade to continue and do the whole PTF thing as well
although I wanted to (I still haven't figured out whether this is possible)

One thing that occurs to me: did you load all the files into the same directory or did you copy them into separate subdirectories ? In other words, did all the Image Catalogs exist in the exact same directory ?

Also, did you load the PTF required to do the license acceptance thing in advance of the upgrade ?

Regards
Evan Harris