Ok, mea culpa. 12-hour days twice this week don't look good on me. Couple
that with a dealership that can't fix what should be a simple problem with a
liftgate FOUR TIMES and counting now... yeah, maybe I should have slept on
that last one before sending it. So, I apologize for my gruffness.
Hopefully, today will be a better day.

I will respond to your last post inline:

On 10/26/05, Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > RUNRMTCMD ... sheesh, keeps hanging up on me (*CPE3447*), reconfigured
> > firewall (XP Pro SP2) to allow cwbrxd.exe. Can't run it from a (XP)
> command
> > line (get "CWBRXD is a service and cannot be run from the command
> line").
> > So, how does one start a "service"?
>
> Through the control panel. I can give you more detailed instructions, if
> you want them, but I get the impression that you're no longer interested
> in this option.

No. I'm still interested. I've brought up the iSeries Access for Windows
Properties (V5R2M0 SI16915). There is a tab for Incoming Remote Command;
there are three options for command mode: Normal, New console, Detached. New
console was the selected option when I brought it up. There are four
security options checkboxes: Run as system, Cache security, Allow generic
security, Generic security runs command as logged-on user. In my search
yesterday, I came across something that described this tab in totally
different terms, but I think it was for Client Access Express.

> I dunno, Scott, I do appreciate the suggestions, but the "funky Java"
> thing
> > is working a lot better than STRPCCMD or RUNRMTCMD.
>
> That's fine, I didn't know. The only reason I called it "funky" is
> because I hadn't heard of it before.

Again, my apologies. In my tiredness, I misinterpreted this as "a waste of
time" thing.

> If you have suggestions/links/RTFwhatever that can help me nail this
> > down without spending another two hours trying different things.
>
> Obviously you're annoyed with my giving you suggestions that don't work,
> but since I don't have experience with this tool, I can't do anything but
> take guesses. I'll just stay out of it.

In frustration (again), my intended statement leaves a lot to be desired.
Basically, I am happy to accept help, but I am also happy to be directed to
sources that save other listers from having to provide all the details in
response. I am a firm believer in RTFM, but there are so many M's out there,
and finding the right one(s) can be elusive and time-consuming. Yesterday, I
must have chased down 20 or 30 links related to this discussion.

Scott, I appreciate all that you (and many others!) do to share your
expertise with the community.

- Dan