Jeff,

Thanks for your message. As per the manual (Infamous Center...):

..."When ALCOBJ is executed to get an EXCL lock on a program (*PGM),
only the program object description is locked. The program code is not
locked exclusively. Therefore, the program may still be run by another
user. Changes are not allowed for the program object description while
the actual program can still be used."

I have received (off-site) the idea of creating a *DTAARA in the process
that I'm trying to protect and trying to lock it. That should work (I
hope :-) )

Thanks again for your help,

Luis Rodriguez

> ------------------------------
>
> message: 6
> date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:21:37 -0700 (PDT)
> from: Jeff Young <cooljeff913@xxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Re: Allocating a *PGM object
>
> You can use the ALCOBJ command in the CL that runs the pgm.
> In the pgm that wants to test if Pgm A is running, use the ALCOBJ
> command.  If Pgm A is running and allocated to CL Pgm A, the ALCOBJ will
> fail.
> You can monitor for the failure and take appropiate action.
>

> Luis Rodriguez <luisrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know how to check if a program is being used for another
> job? I had thought of using ALCOBJ, but it only protects the program of
> being deleted.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Luis Rodriguez
  Luis Rodriguez