Well, the TRCCNN command did help a lot ... we've determined that the
packets are being received by the iSeries ... but the application is
still not receiving the data.

Two common problems that I help people with:

a) Sometimes they forget to add a CR/LF. This causes the whole process to stop and wait for the CRLF.

b) the send() and recv() APIs (or, the read() and write() APIs, which work exactly the same) do not send fixed-length data on a stream socket. The sender can send 1000 bytes, but the receiver may get 1 byte the first call to recv(), then 200 bytes the next time, then 700 bytes, and finally 99 bytes. All of the data will be there, but it may come in different sized chunks.

If the sender sends 100 bytes and you only received 50 of them when you called recv(), it doesn't mean that something is wrong. It means that you have to call recv() again to get the rest.

I don't know if these are at all related to the problems you're encountering, but I know that I get questions about these two things very frequently.