Dave

<blantant vendor response>
Our RPG2SQL Integrator product will enable you in doing this. It uses a
middleware server bit on a PC that is visible to both the iSeries and your
Oracle server on the network. Read/write capability in real time, stored
procedures in Oracle can be called, basically any SQL statement supported by
the Oracle database using ODBC or OLE/DB. Check www.rjssoftware.com or call me
at 952.898.3038 - you can download the manual at our site and see what it is
like.
</blantant vendor response>

OTOH, Oracle itself has a DRDA something to do this - costs at least $25,000.
Ours is much less expensive, albeit not DRDA. IBM also has their Websphere
Information Integrator, which is also DRDA. Upwards of $30,000 I believe.