>From IBM's statement of quarterly earnings on their website under
investor relations:

"Hardware revenues for the Systems and Technology Group totaled $5.0
billion for the quarter, up 7 percent. Revenue growth from S&TG eServer
products was driven by iSeries midrange servers, which increased 25
percent; pSeries UNIX servers, an increase of 15 percent; and xSeries
servers, which increased 11 percent. Revenues from the zSeries mainframe
product decreased 4 percent compared with the year-ago period. Total
delivery of zSeries computing power, which is measured in MIPS (millions
of instructions per second), increased 18 percent. In addition to
eServers, revenues from Storage Systems and Microelectronics increased
11 percent and 14 percent, respectively."

So it is in dollars, not units.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces+cpayne=thecrowngrp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+cpayne=thecrowngrp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: iSeries 25% Growth 3rd Quarter

Is that dollars or UNITS?  Yes, there is a difference.

I'ld like to see some unit sales trends...the same kinda stats we see
from
the auto manufacturers
that's published monthly in WSJ would be nice...it's a nice break down
by
model types...

But 24% is impressive.

Any of it to new people that have never been on a 400 before?

Don in DC

iSeries - we've had more GM's than Steinbrenner's Yankee's...

----