Rob:

AFAIK, SAVRSTxxx commands do not create a local savefile and then transfer the
savefile. (I'm almost certain I read a mention of this within the past couple
months or so.) Without implying that IBM did it in a good way, I'd probably try
doing it with the QaneSava/QaneRsta save/restore APIs with a sockets
connection. The save/restore exit programs would pass the blocks across the
socket. Since I've never seen it done, maybe there's a reason that won't work
-- still, it seems easy enough.

IIRC, the SAVRSTxxx commands _did_ create intermediate savefiles back in
earlier releases. But I think that's changed somewhere along the line.

Tom Liotta