I recently been observing several co-workers, to see if there are any obvious modifications needed to help them with their current input, such as rearranging contents of screens to reduce jump-around keystrokes, or perhaps add another command key functionality. I am also looking into some screen design to see about adding some stuff to existing screens.

Everyone seems to be on some variant of green screen, in which the base color may have been changed. When I telecommute from home, I have mucked with my CA settings to get a light yellow background and dark blue text, which becomes unreadable with reverse image, so sometime I need to experiment some more. Mine is 3477-FC. I happen to know that CAP300 and SFC350 of our BPCS 405 CD have heavy mixtures of screen blinking, highlight, etc. ... lo when I went in there I also had white background in addition to yellow background.

So I have 3477-FG and a variety of colors/400 presented.

I am tempted to create a test program that has all the combinations, so that when we are futzing with PC setting, we can run this test program to see how we doing, if we found the answer or not.

A couple of days ago I was advising a co-worker GARY that SFC350 might help him see how we doing on making some customer part due to ship in a week, and I could see that 100% of his laptop had shades of black and white, no color, but when he is doing non-400 applications, his monitor does have color. He is also 3477-FC according to WRKCFGSTS F14 5

So Gary has 3477-FG and monochrome/400, on a PC that supports color.

Once upon a time I remember this had something to do with SVGA monitor, that VGA could only support monochrome/400 while SVGA was needed to access color/400. I have the display settings on my home PC (right click on Windoze background, Properties) mainly default, but optimized for many applications such as DOS games, and font 125% larger than normal so I not have to wear my glasses to use my PC.

I've never seen a non-color CA emulator session.

All my sessions are in color and show as a 3477-FC.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121