From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Netserver browsing across firewall zones

We have 3 iSeries boxes that do a limited amount of Netserver file serving
to a few users.  The users are all on the 'inside' firewall zone as well as
2 of the 3 iSeries boxes.  The users can pull up the domain when browsing
down through the network and see those 2 boxes just fine.  The 3rd box is
in our 'DMZ' firewall zone and doesn't show up when browsing the domain (It
is also a member of the same domain).
The netserver is set to announce it's name every 5 minutes (via Netbios
broadcasts I believe).  I suspect this is just a matter of the broadcasts
not getting across the firewall into the inside zone because the correct
ports aren't open.  I've tried opening up the inside zone to ports 137,
138, 139 from that particular iSeries in the DMZ with no luck so far.  Any
ideas?  Any example of the PIX commands follows:

access-list inside permit udp any host 172.#.#.# eq netbios-dgm
access-list inside permit udp any host 172.#.#.# eq netbios-ns
access-list inside permit udp any host 172.#.#.# eq 139

_
Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
_