When you go through Navigator and set up an Environment you have to at some point enter the I/P address. That is the address that needs to change. The environment name can remain the same.

We tried using the name of the system but with the different versions of C/A we had to use the I/P address as the environment name and the I/P address internally to keep everything consistant.

I guess the big problem is to change the Environment to point to the new address and that should resolve the issue also with the 5250 display. Since the environment name won't change.

We were hoping there was a config file or registry entry that could be change by creating a script to change it.

booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Give some thought to making a name for your system and implementing that
first, step by step.  Lets say their naming scheme is for astronomy.  You
could call your machine Copernicus, and put Copernicus in your name server. Then, when the IP address changed for Copernicus, you'd be all done, ahead of time. Nothing to change, anywhere.

Booth Martin

http://www.martinvt.com