From:   midrange-l-bounces+vincent.forbes=cibc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+vincent.forbes=cibc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]  On Behalf
Of Shannon O'Donnell
Sent:   October 6, 2005 2:42 PM
To:     midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: Trend towards platform specific languages

Is the code for a game like Medal of Honor - Pacific Assault the exact same
code running on my PC and the Xbox and PS2?  Or are there three versions of
the code out there?

Because if it's 3 versions of the code, written to run best on it's intended
target platform, then that seems to me like a good example of throwing out
the write-once-run-anywhere-regardless-of-performance paradigm.