Is this a CL program? I would like to use this but I'm not all that familiar
with the programming end. Do I compile as CL and does it run in the
background. Where do I compile it to

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve McKay
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:40 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UPS monitoring program

<pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OFA8364F1F.57DDD235-ON86257090.0046F2A5-86257090.00470673@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Anybody got one they'd care to share with me? Thanks
> --

Paul -

VERY rudimentary example . . .

PGM        PARM(&MSGQ &MSGQLIB &MSGKEY)
/*********************************************************************/
/*
*/
/*  Read messages from msgq UTILITY/UPSMSGQ (updated by sysval
*/
/*  QUPSMSGQ.  Monitor for various UPS messages and send messages.
*/
/*
*/
/*********************************************************************/
             DCL        VAR(&MSGQ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&MSGQLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&MSGKEY) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL        VAR(&MSGF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&MSGFLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&MSGID) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)
             DCL        VAR(&MSGDTA) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(100)
             DCL        VAR(&MSG) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(132)
GETMSG:
             RCVMSG     MSGQ(&MSGQLIB/&MSGQ) MSGTYPE(*FIRST) WAIT(0) +
                          RMV(*NO) MSG(&MSG) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) +
                          MSGID(&MSGID) MSGF(&MSGF) MSGFLIB(&MSGFLIB)
             SNDRPY     MSGKEY(&MSGKEY) MSGQ(&MSGQLIB/&MSGQ) +
                          RPY('G') RMV(*YES)
/*
*/
/* CPF1816 indicates that we are on battery power
*/
/* CPF1817 indicates that we are no longer on battery power              */
/* CPI0961 indicates that the UPS has been disconnected                   */
/* CPI0962 indicates that the UPS has been connected to the system   */
/* CPI0963 indicates that the system is on auxiliary power
*/
/* CPI0964 indicates that the UPS has a weak battery
*/
/* CPI0973 indicates that the UPS no longer has a weak battery         */
/* CPI0974 indicates that the UPS has been bypassed
*/
/* CPI0975 indicates that the UPS is no longer bypassed
*/
/* CPI097A indicates the date and time that system power restored    */
/* CPI0994 indicates system power restored
*/
/* CPF181A indicates the date and time that system power failed       */
/* CPP3500 indicates UPS reported a utility failure
*/
/* CPP3501 indicates UPS reported power restored                         */
/*
*/
             IF         COND(&MSGID *EQ 'CPF1816' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPF1817' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0961' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0962' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0963' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0964' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0973' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0974' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0975' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI097A' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPI0994' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPF181A' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPP3500' *OR +
                             &MSGID *EQ 'CPP3501') +
                        THEN(DO)
             SNDUSRMSG  MSG('HR400AL1 ' *cat &MSG *tcat ' ') +
                           MSGTYPE(*INFO) TOUSR(STEVE)
             ENDDO
EOJ:         ENDPGM