I agree with Pete and still have the question about why the 5703 card in the first place. Are you doing Controller level RAID, doing very heavy I/O or doing LPAR? If not then you really don't have the need for the 5703.

 - Larry

Pete Massiello wrote:

John,

The question becomes, why did your business partner (or whomever you bought the machine from) not do a config, preferably using the LVT (doesn't matter if it was an LPAR machine or not) so that you had a configuration layout to put the cards into? How could he/she have known all those cards would have fit, and that you had the right prerequisite IOPs etc if they didn't do that for you. Why did they not help you with the install?

   Pete Massiello

John Taylor wrote:

Folks,

Thanks to all who replied. There was an error in my original email. I had typed the positions of the 5702 and 5703 incorrectly. The cards are actually
placed as follows:

C1 - 2844 IOP
C2 - 2746 Twinax
C3 - 9793 WAN
C4 - 5703 Raid Adapter
C5 - 5702 Tape Controller
C6 - 2844 IOP

Based upon all the documentation I could find (including the link provided by JR), these are the correct card positions. Since the server was still not
IPL'ing, I contacted IBM Support, and they were able to verify that the
cards were placed in the correct positions. They suggested that I try
reseating them again. I did so, and the machine IPL'd successfully.

For the archives, here at the tools which I found useful: