Unattended is unattended....

Why would it matter to you if the job runs in batch or interactive? At the same
time, if the save starts automatically at o'dark-thirty why would it matter if
a job scheduler submitted it or it was started using some other method?

The time to start field in the "Save Entire System" display works quite well.

If you need to get fancy, simply RTVCLSRC for QMNSRBND and modify it to do what
you need before and/or after the save actually starts.  That's what I do.  My
version, named SAVESYSTEM, does some calls to shut down various NEPs and starts
Messenger Plus in "Restricted State Paging Mode".  After the save, it will
restart the system or IPL the system or stay in restricted mode.

The version I use here at MEAA, does some extra delays so that it starts at
"time to start" two days from when the command is issued instead of the
standard delay of only up to 24hrs.

Lastly, BRMS has had some additional capabilities for awhile.  As I recall,
v5r3 expanded upon the capabilities of BRMS in regards to an unattended save of
the system.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America