Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: COMMON Update... - the closing event

"Any ideas on what else could be done to improve that event are welcome."

Trevor, for the closing event, how about a reverse raffle.

For example, if we can get 500 people to pay $100 for a ticket (500 * 100 = 50,000), that gives Common 50k to work with. A decent entry level iSeries is purchased and gets raffled, with the remaining proceeds going to Common. We
could even put it on the registration form so that the attendee's entry is
paid for in advance. We could also sell tickets during the week and up until
the drawing.

The winner would need to be present to win.

The iSeries should include software, and one year support and shipping to
the winner's chosen destination. Make it very attractive for the winner to
accept the prize and that no strings attached really means no strings
attached. In light of the porsche fiasco, this would need to be on the up
and up every step of the way.

Common may be able to get IBM to kick in too (software/support) and this
could be a great marketing opportunity for both Common and IBM

Jerry & Mary Kern

PS - We'd by a ticket or two.