keep in mind that the invitation given to people attending the conference at the booth did not have this url or any other "rules" on it.

And, unless you were given the second sheet as well, you weren't aware of this and could easily believe there would be a real winner of the car here.

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Holder, Ken wrote:

From the wbsite.
http://www.quadrantsoftware.com/tracking/porsche_common_q3_05/rules.html

Quote:  5. The Grand Prize is the opportunity for all eligible registrants
to participate in an insured promotion that offers a chance for one person
to win either a 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S valued at up to $90,000 or
$90,000 in cash. Participating sponsor is Grand Prize Promotions of Dallas.

This is clear to me that they intended to give away the car or the cash
equivalent of $90k.  Not a lease.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Al Barsa
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 9:11 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: COMMON Update... - the Porsche give-away?

I just got home, and saw the flyer that I got in the mail.  I have a couple
of reactions.  The flyer pointed me to:

http://www.quadrantsoftware.com/tracking/porsche_common_q3_05/rules.html

A few points:

1.    Clearly this stated that there would be 10 winners who would be given
the privilege to "crack the safe".
2.    Nowhere do I see that this was for a one year lease.
3.    Quadrant gave themselves a black eye only in that:
           they implied (or we inferred) what it wasn't
           they had a premium venue in a room that was way too small - so
           the room was overcrowded
           their timing was off and they rolled over several speakers
           (including me)
           they should have been clear with COMMON about what they were
           doing

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

            Don
            <dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
            Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
            midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
            s+barsa=barsacons         <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            ulting.com@midran                                          cc
            ge.com
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: COMMON Update... - the Porsche
            09/23/2005 10:55          give-away?
            AM

            Please respond to
            Midrange Systems
                Technical
               Discussion
            <midrange-l@midra
                nge.com>

Interestingly enough, there were 2, yes 2, forms being used at the expo.

One was a invitation card that was handed out like hurricaines on Bourbon
street that said basically what you said here.

Then there was another piece of paper, which you may not have not even
seen, much less been given, which had wording to it was a drawing for a
chance to win...along with website for legalize, full disclosure,
directions to local starbucks, etc.  I now have copies of both of them,
somewhere, still packed I'm sure...  And, yes, I was given the card only
at the expo and not the paper.

But, at least the insects I collected in orlando made it back OK...all 2
cases of them..:)  So, my kid now has something for show and tell next
week....:)

Don in DC

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Trevor Perry wrote:

I got back from COMMON and received mine, too. The wording is:

"Drawing to win a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S to begin promptly at Six
O'clock."

It was intentional.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walden H. Leverich" Sent: Friday,
September 23, 2005 9:19 AM

I wasn't at common, but I did get their nice little USBKey thing sent to
me in the mail.
I remember reading the flyer that came w/it and while I don't remember
the exact wording, I understood that they were giving away a _chance_ to
win. I'm not saying that it couldn't be misconstrued, but I don't think
it was intentionally misleading.

-Walden

list