Jim Norbut wrote on 09/22/2005 08:51:16 AM:

> So if I audit myself for "CD" (Commands) and do the dspjrne for QAUDJRN
> and run it through a query
>
> to just produce the output here there's a few things I don't know what
> them mean
>
> I was just wondering what the X: or ? or * means in the the command text
> below.
>
> Only very few have the "special" characters....the majority of them are
> the command I type in myself.
>
> (If I were to guess maybe the "X" means I hit the F12 to cancel the
> command before I hit enter
>
> and the ? means I did a prompt on it and the * means a command within a
> program.)

You can find a definition of the CD audit record in Appendix F of the
Security Reference manual. You may want to look at the Entry Type field and
the Run from a CL program field.

The "X:" appears to be a label for the command. I do not know why a command
generated by a work with screen would use a label on its commands. I
believe that a command label is allowed on any CL command, including those
you enter on a command line. You are correct that the "?" means the command
was prompted on the work with screen. I did not see any examples of "*"
unless you are talking about things like "*SYSTEM/DSPSPLF". The "*SYSTEM"
is used to cause the command to be found in the QSYS library but to allow a
change command exit program to change the command.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx