    From: "Booth Martin"<booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Sent: 9/21/05 10:38:09 AM
    To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: RE: Green screen to GUI
      IBM did create software that is very Visual Basic-like, except it used
RPGIV
    for the coding.  It really does work, it really is out there, and you
    already own it.

    But very very few people use it.   I spent a lot of time learning how to use
    it and built several applications with it. It really is nifty, relatively
    fast, and users love it.  But almost no shops use it.  I never could figure
    out why not.

    If you want to see what it looks like:

    http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/FAQ-VARPG/faq-varpg.html

    These two screen shots are Windows and Java, side by side, both written
    using Visual Age RPG (the RPG code is shown, too.)

    Booth Martin

    http://www.martinvt.com