Dave,

Why not have a template file created once and when used make a DUPOBJ in the
required library (QTEMP in your example); similar to the *OUTFILE technique
used with IBM supplied commands.

And if you want to create a CSV file, why not run embedded SQL and write to the
IFS directly, putting the field seperators in the proces?

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler