Shannon,

On V5R3 if you are passing a password and not also providing the length of
the password and CCSID then, by default, the API call will fail.  There is
however a PTF (SI14206) for V5R3 which will allow the API call to succeed
for a period of time (180 days though you can restart the 180 -- see the
PTF cover letter for details) and log a message identifying what
application programs need to be changed.  This PTF, along with examples of
what coding changes to make, can be found in iSeries Support at
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1f4c2729f75e5e71286256eed004ac199&rs=110.

Bruce Vining

             "Shannon
             O'Donnell"
             <sodonnell@irish-                                          To
             studios.com>              <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange-l-bounce
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                        Subject
                                       Re: WHAT was IBM THINKING?!?!?, Re:
                                       QSYGETPH API
             09/15/2005 08:26
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion

I did not notice that the length of the passWord is also required now. That
sucks.  does that mean that all the pgms I wrote for v5r1 and v5r2 that use
qsygetph wil now fail?