From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jen Raihala
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:51 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: CL program help

It has been since I was in tech college that I used
CL. While I can read it, I have lost the knack for
"whipping up a simple driver that calls a series of
"stuff" on the fly".

I need to make a call to QSH (qshell) with a set
string.
Then I need to call 2 RPG programs in sequence (Call
PGM(program1), call PGM(program2) at least I think I
remember that much!).
Then I need to place 2 more calls to QSH with a set
string for each.

Looking in the book I had in school doesnt help much
as some of the directions it gives serves to only
light my screen green with "hey! Ya can't do that!"
messages.

How can I declare my strings as set variables (they
need the ' at both ends. is that ''?)

Thanks in advance (I cant get to Orlando fast enough
after this week!!).

JenR
Struggling...but learning...then forgetting and moving
on...until...someone says: Hey! Didn't you?...