CPYFRMIMPF was apparently re-written at V5R3 and has been a nightmare to
deal with since. Personally, I have opend three problems with IBM and
they've finally got it working for all of my situations, but it has not been
pleasant. I would do a search thru the APARs and try to apply all PTFs
relating to CPYFRMIMPF (at the moment there are 33 of them), then if it
still persists, I would recommend reporting this to IBM so they can resolve
the issue. Also, if this is a critical situation, there is a way to run the
V5R2 version of the util by setting up a data area.