John,

In late 1995 Midrange Computing had a small utility, Display Save Information
(DSPSAVINF). See
http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?printarticle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.5bfa48a5 (this
is a direct link to the printer friendly page), otherwise:
http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/.5bfa48a5 9for the archived article). the code
is in the article.

It lists some info from data areas in QSYS, that are saved when certain SAVE-
commands are used. It also displays restore times.

I use it occasionally, but for one entry it gives a date, that may be the date
we upgraded our OS. (do not remeber which data area).

Finding those data areas is not that difficult.

Perhaps usefull.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler