That's interesting. The only machine I've found that doesn't show status
date/time for the superceded TL PTFs is a V5R2 box which suffered a disk
controller failure and had to be restored from a backup tape. You mentioned
something about doing system restores in your reply to Jim Franz. If this is a
common practice in your shop, perhaps this is why you don't have the dates
showing up.

I wonder if there is a data area or object you could look at to tell you the
last time INZSYS was run. Maybe that still would not be gospel. I think I
remember a cume package running INZSYS on time. Also I'm not sure if INZSYS is
run after a scratch install or only in a conversion/upgrade scenario.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:57:34 -0500
from: "Jones, John \(US\)" <John.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: How to tell when an OS was installed?

The superseded ones don't show an install date, but the oldest
permanently applied one does.  This is a V5R1 box, and TL02134, which is
permanent, shows 11/04/2002, which is probably about right.  TL01*,
TL02036, and TL02071 are all superseded and don't show any dates.

Checking a couple of MF PTFs further down the same is true - superseded
PTFs don't show dates.

Interestingly, the PTF's date is about 5 months off from the date the
license key was added.  With that discrepancy, I'm guessing the auditors
won't accept it either.