Jen,

"Open Labs" are just that - open to all (as long as room permits, which is usually not a problem).

Plain ol' "Labs" require a reservation. You can, of course, show up for those and wait to see if a seat opens up (or all of the seats aren't reserved), but I wouldn't suggest it.

Except for the "Labs" everything is pretty much open as long as there's room (and oftentimes people wind up stranding along the walls - SRO). If you're looking for ILE RPG sessions, Jon Paris and Susan Gantner have a great running series of sessions. Paul Tuohy, also, has some great tips and techniques sessions on the subject (just be sure to not sit on the front row).

Try this email address for some help contacting a mentor: jason_logsdon@xxxxxxxxxx . Jason's usually on top of things. And tell him about the busted link (bounce back).

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.893.8633x152
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jen Raihala wrote:

(If this isnt the appropriate place, please tell me
where it should go (and I will subscribe to that list
as well))

First of all, a caveat: I tried emailing for a mentor
using the link on the first timers page and the email
bounced saying it was an invalid address.

I am trying to weed out what I want to attend while I
am at COMMON. After reading the grids, I am wondering
if perhaps I have erred in not signing up for any
Hands On Labs. I see "Open Lab"s and "Lab"s on the
grids. Are Open Labs available for people to pop in on
and listen and the Labs are the paid ones?

I printed off the grids and am highlighting what I
would like to attend...but a small part of me is
unsure what is allowed and not. I do know I wont be
barging in on the IBM Certification testing. But there
are some Java, Javascript and Websphere things I am
interested in (and I think on Tuesday or Wednesday,
the dreaded LAB word begins appearing.)

OR should I just highlight what I am interested in and
wait until I can actually find a mentor when I check
into the hotel?
Thanking you AS/400 Gods and Goddesses in Advance,

Jen Raihala
"Solutions"
2311 W 18th St
Spencer IA