Wasn't COMMON mostly in the Marriott (not the convention center)?

Regardless, I think it'll take some time to restore the big hotels.  The
Quarter is basically unharmed (unless the buildings took water damage -
the water was never high in this area at all from what I've read - hence
why the area has survived so long).

The area around the airport looks pretty wet (as the airport itself is
surrounded by water normally).  That would be a major concern.

The CBD (where the big hotels are) is mostly dry and always has been.
If you haven't seen it yet, there is an amazing blog out there of a guy
securing an ISP data center:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

Of immediate concern are the fires that seem to keep breaking out all
over the city.  The ability to fight these fires is really compromised.

I just don't think the city will be ready for visitors as soon as April.
Next year, I'm sure it will be, albeit with much less residential area.
The sad part is, many tourists will return and see New Orleans not much
different from what they saw last time.  Much of what was really
obliterated were areas tourists never see.

Jeff Carey
Acxiom Corp.