Joe,

Just a quick point...

But when dealing with RAID5, if you have 8 drives, you have a choice of 1x8
array or 2x4 array.  Statistically speaking, if a 1x8 array and two failed
drives you have a 100% chance of data loss.  But with 2x4, you have only a 43%
chance of data loss.

Thought you might find it interesting/helpful.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121