From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: DDS, messages, and ERRSFL

DDS, messages, and ERRSFL

I want to pursue a line of discussion of what is probably simple to
everyone
but me.

I have a program with two screens, both with subfiles.  There can be a
number of validation errors on various fields where I want cursor
positioning to signify the error.  Also there are 40 more messages that
are
either informational or general error messages, unrelated to a specific
field.

I am wondering what is the best way to show these various messages.
Traditionally I would use an indicator for each hard-coded message and
use
SFLMSG or ERRMSG  and the ERRSFL keyword.

What solutions do you folks prefer?