Hi Mark,

Whitehill Technologies (http://www.whitehilltech.com)
offers a PDF to XML conversion product that runs
natively on an iSeries host.

A little known fact regarding PSF/400 is that it can
accept either *AFPDS or XML as input. It would
therefore be possible to convert the PDF files to XML
and then have PSF/400 convert them to IPDS.

Without testing the idea, I don't know whether the
PSF/400 XML --> IPDS suport would create the document
with the exact look of the PDF file in Acrobat reader
or not.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant

>date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:17:14 -0400
>from: "M. Lazarus" <mlazarus@xxxxxxxx>
>subject: Re: PDF to spool file.
>
>Paul,
>
>  I did not find a product that did it natively on
the >/400.  Does anyone know of any?

>  They solved the problem by throwing hardware at it
- >a brand new PDF capable Infoprint printer.

>  -mark
>
>At 7/14/05 08:09 PM, you wrote:
>>Hi Mark,
>>
>>An answer regarding batch printing of pdf's to an
>>IPDS capable printer or using the AFPDS to PCL
>>capability of host print transform would be as
>>follows:
>>
>>There are a number of software products, which
>>provide pdf to AFP conversion. Many of these
software >>tools allow for indexing and job splitting
of the pdf >>files as well for batch printing
purposes.

>>The problem in the case of the iSeries - AS/00
>>servers is that not all of the packages run under i5
>>OS - OS/400.
>>
>>Assuming you were able to find a package that met
>>your requirements, once the files are converted into
>>*AFPDS format you have the option to print them via
>>PSF/400 to IPDS printers or convert them with host
>>print transform for HP PCL laser and inkjet
printers.

>>HTH
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>
>>/Paul
>>--
>>Paul Tykodi
>>Principal Consultant
>>TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC
>>E-mail: ptykodi@xxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>>date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:53:36 -0400
>>>from: "M. Lazarus" <mlazarus@xxxxxxxx>
>>>subject: Re: PDF to spool file.
>>>
>>>Brad,
>>>
>>>  I recently ran into a situation that would have
>>>save the client a lot of money and time had they
>>>been easily able to do that.  PDF is a fairly
common
>>>format.  They have thousands of PDF documents that
>>>their users and clients can view, email or print on
>>>demand.
>>>
>>>  But shortly after they are first generated (on an
>>>overnight or weekend run) they need to be printed
>>>(for legal reasons.)  There are a limited number of
>>>printers that print PDF directly, so they had to
buy