Vernon Hamberg wrote:
Intrepid user might be able to figure this out - a more secure solution is one of the exit points, although more work. You might also want to uninstall the data transfer feature - makes it all a little harder - including the Excel add-in.

Vern

At 03:14 PM 7/13/2005, you wrote:

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 3:01 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Giving user authority to Data Transfers and such in
ClientAccess

Right click on the connection, or system name, itself.  From the drop
down
select 'Application Administration'.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Malchow, Grizzly" <GMalchow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/13/2005 02:49 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Giving user authority to Data Transfers and such in Client Access

It's been roughly 3 years since I've had to change someone's authority
to run a CA data transfer. I know I need to do it in Ops Nav, but I
can't remember where I need to do that. I've tried looking at the Users
and Groups and checking the properties of the user, but I don't see
where I can change setting to allow for data transfers. If I remember
correctly you could also maintain allowances for ODBC, FTP, and Remote
Commands in the same place.

Thanks in advance.

Griz