Subject: IBM Design Change Request MR080404559
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:46:51 -0500

IBM has responded to your Design Change Request as follows:

User Group Number - MR080404559
Document Status - Available
Title - Request for More Helpful (Meaningful) Group PTF
Status Information

IBM believes that the request described has been solved with
a current  product / service / policy / etc.

Thank you for taking the time to request this change to the
PTF group  function.  We are aware of the difficulties you
are experiencing with  regard to ordering a PTF group which
results in the existing installed PTF  group being replaced
on your system.  We are currently developing a  resolution
to this problem in a future release of OS/400.  The
resolution  will be that the PTF group information will no
longer be replaced on the  system at the time the PTF group
is ordered.  The PTF group information  will only be
replaced when the PTF group is installed from media or when
the PTFs are actually downloaded to the system
electronically.  We are  also considering making this
resolution available via a PTF for existing  OS/400
releases.  We will take your other suggestions regarding the
On  order status under consideration for future enhancements
to the PTF group  function.

6/22/05 - PTF SI16847 for 5722SS1 V5R3M0 was made available
on 04/06/2005  to solve the situation where the current
level was being overwritten if  the group was delivered on
media.  There are no plans to provide PTFs for  releases
prior to V5R3M0.

Design Change Requests
IBM eServer iSeries
DCRREQ@xxxxxxxxxx