++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> I don't think that DB2 for AS400/iSeries has the same
>> functionality/capabilities as the other flavours of DB2 mentioned (in the
>> flyer) or covered (in the mag).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Even the people who work on it don't know what the Iseries is capable of!

The Iseries at one time was behind the rest but IBM has brought the Iseries up
to almost the same level and every release adds more.

I think you would find that the Iseries compares favorably with any of the
other versions but is so far ahead of the others in one respect and that is
stability. All other DB2's run as jobs on top of the operating system. Iseries
is part of the operating system. When's the last time you heard of an ISeries
database having problems?

Iseries has the functions and the stability. I know other people working with
DB2 on other platforms that sure don't report that kind of experience.

All this represents is the constant never ending battle with IBM corporate. If
it isn't a mainframe or runs on a mainframe, it doesn't exist. I remember
starting on the System 38, 20 years ago and the hatred IBM corporate had for
the System 38. I don't things have changed very much. Can't even get them to
mention the name of the damn product at shareholders meetings.

IBM corporate has always treated the System 38/AS400/iSeries/i5 as the enemy
and continues to do so. So, of course, they don't even mention the
AS/400-Iseries in the magazine or in a conference. We don't exist to them. They
just keep saying it over and over again.

Oh well. Rant done.