oops...That should have been OMTJRNE(*OPNCLO)     :)

             Todd
             Sabella/CIMG/CVG
             06/29/2005 05:14          Midrange Systems Technical
             PM                        Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Journals (UB-Before / UP-After)
                                       (Document link: Todd Sabella)

Peter,

Don't forget to include the OMTJRNE(*BOTH) option if you want to exclude
member open and close journal entries from the journal receiver...

Todd

             "Peter Vidal"
             <Peter_Vidal@pall
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             06/29/2005 04:19                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: Journals (UB-Before / UP-After)

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I discovered what happened.  The UB code (before-image of a record) is
generated only if IMAGES(*BOTH) is
specified on the STRJRNPF command and when I executed the command, I did
not specified this.  This is the manual... shame on me... :o(

In order to resolve the issue, I need to:

1) ENDJRNPF FILE(MyFile) JRN(MyJrn)
2) STRJRNPF FILE(MyFile) JRN(MyJrn) IMAGES(*BOTH)

Thank you all for your guidance and tips ...

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com