Pity the answer included this uninformed sentence "(even running Linux and Windows on separate partitions)".

And then he continues: "This way, in a real way you don't really have to make a decision whether to purchase multiple services, as this solution provides you multiple virtual services within a single piece of hardware! Of course, you will still have the issue of what to do if the entire box goes in the night, which perhaps might even point you towards purchasing two of these goodies!"

Hmmm. Can we tell him there is a difference between Power Linux and Intel Linux? And that Windows and Intel Linux run on separate servers (IXS - inside the iSeries, IXA - HSL attached) that use iSeries disk as a SAN? And the best way for HA for these platforms is a hot spare IXS not another box? And the "entire box going in the night" is practically unheard of in the iSeries world?

Does anyone know how this kind of misinformation can be repaired? Shall we send a letter to one Linux "expert" or should there be some more informed marketing to these "experts" in general??