From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Andy Leisk
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 4:40 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: CPYFRMIMPF & ERRRCDFILE

I too had problems with this and finally gave up on getting the IBM
error file to work.  The problem occurred when the delimited text file
had text longer than one of the fields into which it was supposed to go
in the database file that was to be the result for the CPYFRMIMPF.
1.  IBM's command is supposed to ignore these errors - but doesn't
always
2.  When the error does occur, IBM's error record file doesn't work as I
understood it should after I "RTFMed".

Result was I wrote a program to count the records in the import file,
then count the records that resulted from the copy, and where the
results were not equal, I now send a message (as an email) notifying our
help-desk that there is an error and that a developer is needed to
investigate the cause of the problem.

Sorry this doesn't directly answer your question, but basically, it
tells you that you are not alone with the problem, and that at least one
other developer had to build his own workaround.

Andy Leisk
Senior Programmer Analyst
Banta Global Turnkey
1457 Earl Street