John,

That's the setup we have.  But with an 810 instead of an i5.  The HMC is going
to make a difference in setup, configuration, and movement of the tape drive I
believe.

As far as promotion between development and production.  We have a CMS so it is
automatic.

If you want to handle it manually, I'd start be getting a utilities that
automates transfers over TCP/IP.  If you feel like paying for it, we've been
pretty happy with the Bugbusters' Remote Software Facility (RSF)
http://www.bugbusters.net/rsf.htm which our CMS uses.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America