I wrote:
Can anybody suggest a way of setting up a public emulation (TN5250e) session so that regardless of whether it uses an existing device name or autoconfigures a new one, only the designated public user can sign on, and yet any other autoconfigured
devices are available to anybody?

Device names on the public session would be in a recognizable series.

An exit program somewhere, maybe?

Some more detail:

Auto-signon to the designated account would be in use, secured by SSL, rather than by Password Substitution.

I've already blocked both ATTN and SysRq for the designated public account, made it "limited," assigned an initial application, and set the initial menu to *SIGNOFF. I could go one step further, and disable "F3=Exit" in the application, but I'm not convinced that would completely seal a hacker out of the signon screen for the session.

Since the device name is coming from the emulator, which has features to lock its control panels away from busy little eyes (I know; I wrote them), I can rely on the device ID series as an indication that it's the public session.

And yes, this is related to my recent "joblog suppression" query.

--
JHHL
Hoping some giant will once again offer me a shoulder to stand on.