From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:28 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Trusted Link

All I see in EDINBX is FA/997 data. I do see the file in EDINWK, keyed by
comm ID.

We have a few trading partners that send multiple N1-N4 segments. I don't
want to add fields to the user files for every segment section that may come
in, so, I just wanted to read the raw data, and parse out the name stuff,
and print a small report. We're using CED8404B to retrieve the data from the
VAN.

Is anyone aware of any user exits in Trusted Link?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             "Carl Galgano"
             <cgalgano2@edicon
             sulting.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "'Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion'"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             06/16/2005 02:10                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: Trusted Link

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Mark, the raw data is indeed stored in EDINWK.  After it is translated,
there is a copy (no envelopes) in EDINBX as well, keyed my mailbox ID.  I'm
not sure what you are trying to do after that.  Are you trying to run a comm
session, and then you want to get the comm session number, and write a
program to read all the raw data from the comm session into a PF?  I think
(not sure) the last comm session is stored in a data area for the job.
I'll
have to dig thru past code.  Seems like I have done that before.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(770) 425-8391 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation http://www.icecreamovernight.com Premium Ice Cream Brands
shipped Overnight -----Original Message-----