>...it doesn't scale without lots of machines

Um, ok, if you say so. Ever see the datacenter page?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/datacente
r.mspx

>And if it weren't for the monopolistic stranglehold Windows
>currently has, I'd recommend against it for security reasons alone.

Name one, just one, properly configured Windows server 2003 box that's
had a virus. MS can't. And you'll have to look long and hard for a
comprimized Windows 2003 server box, if it was properly configured. Has
the platform had its problems in the past, sure, but that doesn't mean
it sucks today.

>As for the APIs, the move from 16 to 32-bit was about as painful as you
could get.

Actually not as painful as the move to 64-bit RISC if you didn't have
observable programs. Well, ok, maybe that painful. And how painful is
the stupid 16Meg allocation limit we have on the iSeries? We're just now
getting reasonable terraspace-enabled support.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software
(516) 627-3800 x11