De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
De la part de JOberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé : vendredi 17 juin 2005 15:09
À : midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: PC console

<snip>
I could automize everything but this DST user and password.

I could write a Windows script that enters these parameters, but I would
like to know if it is possible to use some parameter on PC or on i520
side to avoid this signon window.
</snip>

Jean Claude,

Due to security concerns when connecting Ops/Lan console to the system, you
have to manually enter the values into the prompts.  There may be a way to
automate it, but I have never seen it done, and frankly, nor would I like
to see it done.  The M$ environment can be restarted without starting the
Ops/Lan console.  When an operator does need to log on, they would fill in
all the prompts at that time anyway.  If the operators don't have a profile
in DST, then one should be added for each operator.  If you check into the
authorities in DST you will see that it can be made quite safe for an
operator (read:  non-technical)  to log on.

Jim Oberholtzer
Senior Solutions Architect
Computech Resources, Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Systems Expert.