MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive

SQL delete not in related table

fixed

OK, I've spent about an hour trying to figure this out.  SQL does not like
the following statement:

DELETE FROM PODTL WHERE (VNDNR, WEEKX, DIGIT) NOT IN
                        (SELECT (VNDNR, WEEKX, DIGIT) FROM POHDR);

I did this identical thing a half dozen times yesterday *EXCEPT* there was
only one field name to match on, not 3.  I've looked at manuals and googled.
I've tried with/without parens, with/without commas to no avail.  All the
examples I find do it on only one field.

What's wrong with the syntax?