Hello, all:

I think someone simply neglected to install the "System/38 Environment"
support, a free optional component of OS/400. Installing this installs the
QSYS38 library that has many System/38 compatible commands, like RPLLIBL.
(It is option 6 in V5R3.  Option 5 is the System/36 environment support.)

If you had done this, you should NOT have had to change anything -- not a
single line of source code... your CLP38 programs should still run...
especially if they were running on V3R7 ... (under the System/38
environment)...

(Who did the upgrade planning? Maybe your IBM business partner?  Shame on
them! )

Of course, it probably is about time you converted this old CLP38 stuff over
to "native" OS/400 CLP, anyway, no?

Cheers,

Mark S. Waterbury