Subject: Import current LPAR config into LVT
From:    "Wilt, Charles" <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Thu, June 16, 2005 2:38 pm
To:      "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion \(E-mail\)"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just downloaded the LVT and was wondering what I needed to do to import my
current LPAR config into it.

I've tried using Navigator, right click on Logical Partitions and
selecting Export to IFS.  I get a dialog saying "You are about to export
LPAR configuration data to
/QIBM/UserData/OS400/ServiceAgent/Collection/ConsHwdInf.xml in IFS for
inventory collection.  Do you wish to continue?"

I select YES and I get an "Action Successful" message.

After copying the .xml file to my local PC, nothing seems to happen when I
try to open it from the LVT.

I was hoping that the LVT would be a quick, easy way to make sure that all
of my hardware was supported at v5r3.  Currently running an 810 with two
partitions at v5r2.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Charles Wilt